Teach for Nevada Scholarship

All Current Available Teach Nevada Scholarship Funding Has Been Awarded. No Funding Currently Available. Check Back in the Summer of 2017.

NV Dept of Education Fact Sheet

The Nevada Dept. of Education Teach Nevada Scholarships were initiated to help train new licensed teachers for districts in the state with significant teacher shortages. SNC has received additional scholarships for new students.

The 2016 – 2017 scholarships provide up to $3,000 per semester (up to $24,000 overall) to eligible students in the MAT – ARL (Alternative Route to Licensure) program who are newly enrolled starting fall 2016. The objective is to provide as close to full scholarships as possible, so students awarded the grant will receive the full amount unless tuition costs per semester are less than $3,000.

Eligibility
  • Students must have received a Bachelors degree in a field other than education.
  • Students must be newly enrolled in an ARL (Alternative Route to Licensure) program at a state-approved Nevada university.
  • Students must pursue licensing in Elementary Education, Special Education, or Secondary Education in Math, Science, or English.
  • Students must maintain good academic standing during the program and maintain employment in eligible Nevada public schools for five consecutive years after completion.

Scholarship awards are based on program eligibility, financial need, and the student’s commitment to help to fill the need for teachers in the state of Nevada. Applicants must fill out the FAFSA.

How It Works

Recipients receive up to $3,000/semester (fall, winter/spring, and summer), not to exceed a total of $24,000. The student receives 75% of award during each semester of attendance. The remaining 25% is deposited into a trust account established by the college for the student. That 25% remains in the trust account until the student has completed the preparation program; maintained employment at a Nevada public school for five consecutive years, including three years at a school on the Eligible Schools List for Teach Nevada Scholarship Recipients, found at www.doe.nv.gov/Legislative/Teach_Nevada_Scholarships_and_Incentives/; and has met any other requirements established by the State Board.

Scholarship recipients must submit an Enrollment Certification Form for EACH SEMESTER that they are enrolled in the program.

Application Deadline: August 1

Teach Nevada Scholarship Application

All currently available Teach Nevada Scholarship funding has been awarded.
image