Applicant Information – Teacher Education
Apply to the master’s degree programs in Teacher Education at Sierra Nevada College.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Applicants to all Teacher Education programs must have a bachelor’s degree with an earned GPA of 2.75 for the M.A.T. Program and 3.0 for the M.Ed and M.A.A programs.
Need to complete your bachelor’s degree? SNC has an Online Degree Completion Program which will allow you to finish your undergraduate requirements while working.
Exceptions to the GPA requirement may be made based on unusual circumstances, including time since degree completion, professional experience, advanced degrees, etc. MAT applicants with sub-3.0 GPAs are encouraged to verify their basic skills proficiency by passing the Praxis Core Academic or CBEST before applying.
- Teachable Major – MAT with Secondary Endorsement
Applicants for a Secondary Teaching License must have earned their bachelor’s degree or have the required number of credits in their chosen teachable major. Your admissions counselor can help you find the most direct route to completing the required credits if needed.
- Teaching Credential – MA in Administration
Applicants to the MAA program must have a valid teaching license / credential from any state, and must have completed one year of classroom teaching before starting the program.
- Spring: Jan 5
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: Aug 1
Application & Required Documents
- Submit your Online Application >
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting – you can save it partially completed, then log back in to your user account to finish it later. Don’t forget to write down the Login ID and PIN you create to start! Use any Start Your Application link to log back in.
- Pay the $50 Application Fee > (non-refundable – pay online)
- Transcript(s) (Please send to the attention of the Graduate Admission Office.)
- Official transcript for your bachelor’s degree
- Separate transcripts for any other undergraduate and graduate coursework
An international credential evaluation is required for coursework completed outside the United Sates. Approved evaluations are available for a fee from World Education Services (WES) at www.wes.org.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should come from college instructors and/or professional colleagues or supervisors who can speak to your academic competencies and suitability for teaching. MAT letters of recommendation must be confidential.
- Personal Statement A personal essay of 2-3 pages. The essay may be entered directly into the application, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAT Statement Subject
- Why do you want to become a (level/subject) teacher?
- Describe of a powerful learning experience in your own life and how it might influence your own teaching in the future.
MEd & MAA Statement Subject
- Describe your current leadership style(s).
- Discuss how your style impacts your ability to lead others.
- Discuss how you anticipate this program will enhance your leadership in the classroom and community.
- NPD (Non Pursuing Degree Students) required documents
- Online application
- $50 non refundable application fee
- Additional documentation may be required to establish eligibility for the courses you intend to take.
Ask a Question
Sierra Nevada College
Graduate Admissions Office
999 Tahoe Boulevard
Incline Village, Nevada 89451