Admission Requirements TED
We’re here to help!
Ask a Question
- Bachelor’s Degree Applicants to all Teacher Education programs must have a bachelor’s degree with an earned GPA of 2.75 for the M.A.T. Program and 3.0 for the M.Ed and M.A.A programs.
Need to complete your bachelor’s degree? SNC has an Online Degree Completion Program which will allow you to finish your undergraduate requirements while working.
Exceptions to the GPA requirement may be made based on unusual circumstances including time since degree completion, professional experience, advanced degrees, etc. MAT applicants with sub-3.0 GPAs are encouraged to verify their basic skills proficiency by passing the Praxis Core Academic or CBEST before applying.
- Teachable Major – MAT with Secondary endorsement Applicants for a Secondary Teaching License must have earned their bachelor’s degree or have the required number of credits in their chosen teachable major. Your admissions counselor can help you find the most direct route to completing the required credits if needed.
- Teaching Credential – MA in Administration Applicants to the MAA program must have a valid teaching license / credential from any state, and have completed one year of classroom teaching before starting the program.
- Spring: Jan 5
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: Aug 1
- Online Application
- $50 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Transcript(s) Please send to the attention of the Graduate Admission Office.
- Official transcript for your bachelor’s degree
- Separate transcripts for any other undergraduate and graduate coursework
An international credential evaluation is required for coursework completed outside the United Sates. Approved evaluations are available for a fee from World Education Services (WES) at www.wes.org.
- Two Letters of Recommendation Letters of recommendation should come from college instructors and/or professional colleagues or supervisors who can speak to your academic competencies and suitability for teaching.MAT letters of recommendation must be confidential.
- Personal Statement A personal essay of 2-3 pages. The essay may be uploaded to the application or emailed to email@example.com.
MAT Statement Subject
- Why do you want to become a (level/subject) teacher?
- Describe of a powerful learning experience in your own life and how it might influence your own teaching in the future.
MEd & MAA Statement Subject
- Describe your current leadership style(s).
- Discuss how your style impacts your ability to lead others.
- Discuss how you anticipate this program will enhance your leadership in the classroom and community.
- NPD (Non Pursuing Degree Students) required documents
- Online application
- $50 non refundable application fee
- Additional documentation may be required to establish eligibility for the courses you intend to take.