Summer Art Workshops
31st Annual: May 19th* – July 31st, 2015
You can take a workshop anywhere, but there’s no place as gorgeous as Tahoe! Classes can be taken for credit or non-credit.
Info: Sheri Leigh O’Connor – 775-881-7588 – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are now located in the brand new Holman Arts and Media Center!
We’re very excited to be in this brand new facility generously donated by Rob and Robin Holman, and supported by numerous community members. It’s bigger, brighter, has new equipment and facilities.
We’re currently working on the 2015 workshop schedule. Please revisit this page as it will be updated.
(Registration does not guarantee enrollment.)
|Michelle Gregor and Susannah Israel||The Figure in Context||June 15th – 19th|
|Randy Brodnax and Don Ellis||Fast Fire “Pottree”||June 22nd – 26th|
|Sunshine Cobb||Handbuilding Functional Forms||July 6th – 10th|
|Danny Meisinger||Glazing, Firing, and Throwing Bigger||July 13th – 17th|
|Hayne Bayless||Happiness is a Warm Extruder||July 20th – 24th|
|Sean O’Connell||The Exquisite Surface||July 27th – 31st|
|Shannon Sullivan||Multiples, Pieces and Parts||June 27th & 28th|
|Wesley Wright||Press Molds for Ceramics||July 18th & 19th|
* Travel Course
|Sheri Leigh O’Connor||The Art of Japan||May 19th – June 4th|
|Phyllis Shafer||Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting||July 6th – 10th|
|Rhiannon Alpers||Papermaking and Bookmaking||July 20th – 24th|
|Jerry Dodrill||Tahoe Photography||June 22nd – 26th|
|Eileen Macdonald||Multiple Plate Etchings with Monotype||June 15th – 19th|
|Nathan Watson||Basic Kiln-Formed Glass||July 13th – 17th|
|William Hutchison||Pattern Bars||July 6th – 10th|
|Tim Guthrie||Digital Illustration||June 15th – 19th|
|Rick Parsons||Hot Steel and Skin||July 27th – 31st|
Fine Arts Weekend
|Mary Kenny||Mixed Media Collage||July 18th & 19th|
(Registration does not guarantee enrollment.)
General Information on Summer Workshops
Lake Tahoe and the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains truly inspire the artist in us all. SNC offers a variety of summer workshops given by nationally known ceramists, glass artists, painters, sculptors, printmakers, digital artists, photographers, paper makers, jewelers, and more. Learn new techniques and expand your knowledge in the medium. Contact us for further information or to receive a printed copy of our schedule at email@example.com or 775.881.7588.
On Tuesday night at 7pm each week during the workshops, we’ll host our “Meet the Artist” lecture in the Prim Library, which will be immediately followed by an informal reception in the Tahoe Gallery. It’s free and open to the public. There are many activities in the area to enjoy while you’re here, including swimming, boating, golfing and hiking to mention a few.
Students, aged 16 and up, can take workshops for personal enrichment or college credit. Tuition includes some materials, possible kiln firings, equipment rental, etc. Spouses, parents and friends are welcome to visit the studios during the classes and attend “Meet the Artist” on Tuesday nights, but may not accompany the student at the workshop.
Upon paid registration, students will receive an information packet with maps and directions to the college, class location, what to bring to the workshop, and other pertinent information, as well as Tahoe visitors info.
- Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Credit Available: 1.5 college credits, 1.5 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $499.50 – includes most materials
- Glass workshops have an additional $100 lab fee
- Class Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 5pm
- Credit Available: 0.5 college credits, 0.5 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $225
Japan Travel Course:
- Credit Available: 3 college credits, 3 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $4,500 – Includes flights from SFO, accommodations, activities, and some meals.
* Lunches are not included in the 2015 Summer Workshop tuition, but may be purchased at the SNC cafeteria during their open hours.
For more information
Sheri Leigh O’Connor, Workshops Director
Sierra Nevada College
999 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Some single and double rooms on campus may be available in the dorms, subject to availability. Each room has its own bathroom, and linens* are included. Weekly room cleaning and linen turnover are included with multi-week stays. There is no maid service and meals are not included.
Contact Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org after March 15 2015 to find out about room availability. Make sure to include the dates you need and your contact information in the email.
- Single Room (per person): $350 per 6 night week, (Sun.-Sat.) | $130 per 2 night weekend (Fri. & Sat. nights)
- Double Room (per person): $250 per 6 night week, (Sun.-Sat.) |$80 per 2 night weekend (Fri. & Sat. nights)
- Additional nights may be purchased if available
* Includes one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, one blanket, one pillow, one pillow case, one bath towel, one hand towel, one washcloth, toilet paper, and mini soap.
TV’s, mini-fridge/microwave units will not be available this year.