The Poetry Center
Sierra Nevada College’s Poetry Center promotes an appreciation of contemporary American poetry and a program of public readings and workshops by such poets as Poet Laureate of California Juan Filipe Herrera and award-winning poet Jane Hirshfield. With a diverse collection of poetry and poets that includes voices not often been heard in the region, the Poetry Center complements the college’s distinguished creative writing faculty and academic programs.
Located in Prim Library, the Poetry Center is made possible through a grant awarded by the Nevada State Library and Archives and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. In addition to the more than 500 volumes of poetry acquired with grant funding the center has also received a donation of approximately 3000 volumes. Like the library itself, the Poetry Center’s collections and programs are open to the general public and offer free access to all Nevada residents.
Research Your Subject
- Library Catalog – find books, media and more
- Online Databases – find articles in newspapers, magazines and journals
- LibGuides – introductions to library resources in a variety of subject areas
- Ask a Librarian – if you are having trouble finding research materials
- EBSCO A-Z – Use this to locate full-text journal titles
- eBooks from EBSCO – thousands of ebooks on a wide range of topics
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – online eReference collection
|Hours:||Fall & Spring Semesters
Hours vary during semester breaks and holidays
NOTE: Exceptions to regular library hours will be posted. The library will be closed whenever the college is closed.