Psychology & Art or Music
B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies in Psychology and Art
B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies in Psychology and Music
Psychology courses specializing in counseling methodologies combined with a concentration in Art or Music.
Meet INTD Psychology and Art major Justine Nelson
Class of 2016
Growing up in the small town of Incline Village has been a blessing in my life, teaching me the importance of connection with my community and the environment. We all have the capability to help each other grow, and my studies at SNC have shown me just how far we reach! . . . Read More
Interdisciplinary Studies Majors in Art or Music and Psychology:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the breadth of psychological theories and applications.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of, and use of, specific tools and media of Fine Arts and/or Music.
- Synthesize and differentiate specific forms of expressive art therapy and articulate the principles inherent in them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical evolution of styles, and the broad scope of cultural influence on the interplay between Music and/or Art and the healing traditions.
- Apply research in the field of expressive art therapy to real-life situations.
- Evaluate and assess psychological functioning on the level of cognitive, emotional, social, and cultural health and demonstrate the ability to accurately and thoughtfully match the needs of the individual to modalities of therapy.
- Integrate and communicate a command of the concepts associated with human psychological well-being, the principles of creative expressive arts, and make interdisciplinary connections between these fields.
Ask A Question
See the GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS > page for specific major course requirements.
Music Program Chair
Interdisciplinary Studies Program Chair