Digital Arts & Journalism
B.A. in Interdisciplinary Arts in Digital Arts and Journalism
This interdisciplinary major blends the strengths of our Fine Arts department in visual design, photography, design, video practices, digital darkroom and more with the strengths of our English department and Journalism program.
Meet INTD Digital Arts and Journalism major Danny Kern
Class of 2016
After getting my first camera in eighth grade, I haven't stopped documenting what I enjoy doing. I am majoring in Digital Art and Journalism so I can start sharing what I believe are the best qualities of life, and help spread the knowledge of better quality sustainable living. . . . Read More
Interdisciplinary Majors in Digital Arts and Journalism will:
- Develop, research, and write news stories and develop corresponding skills in photography, video, and multimedia applications;
- Recognize categories of journalism, make judgments about its value, write competently using AP style and make ethical choices in regard to media coverage, practices and production;
- Demonstrate knowledge of design, photo, video, and web techniques to capture and shape content into a story;
- Use appropriate software to create journalistic multimedia, as well as general layout and design of newspapers both in print and online and be able to critique and edit media writing, image, and video;
- Demonstrate awareness of interdisciplinary links between the fine arts, digital arts and journalism both conceptually and in practice.
Ask A Question
Please see the GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS page for specific major course requirements.
Interdisciplinary Studies Program Chair