New Media Journalism
B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies in New Media Journalism
This interdisciplinary major prepares students to be media content creators in a digital world. Fine arts classes ensure a digital competency, including web design and video practices, while business classes foster an understanding of economics and marketing. Students design a course of study that allows them to link journalism, business, and digital arts, encouraging entrepreneurial responses to emerging trends in a multimedia landscape.
Interdisciplinary Majors in New Media Journalism will:
- Report, write, and edit high-quality media content; (P)
- Recognize the American media’s role in our democratic system of government by exploring the evolution of various media and its political, social, and economic effects; (L)
- Develop storytelling skills for the convergent newsroom, using multimedia, video, print, and online; (P)
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making skills as media providers who supply responsible content to the public; (L)
- Demonstrate awareness of interdisciplinary links between journalism, business, and digital arts, both conceptually and in practice. (E)
Ask A Question
Please see the GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS page for specific major course requirements.
Instructor in Journalism
Interdisciplinary Studies Program Chair