Digital Arts & Entrepreneurship or Management
DVD designs by Logan Lape, Class of 2011
The course sequence delineated below addresses the rapidly growing fields of entertainment technology and digital graphics, but also encompasses foundational entrepreneurship or management skills.
Interdisciplinary Majors in Digital Arts and Entrepreneurship/Management will:
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the areas of the design, production, and implementation of digital media.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways digital media technology impacts communication and marketing and utilize a broad range of technologies to acquire, organize, and communicate information.
- Demonstrate and communicate the knowledge of the strategies and processes needed to solve a wide variety of problems in the digital arts, including those requiring interdisciplinary concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental precepts of business law and ways of safeguarding one’s intellectual property.
- Synthesize entrepreneurial or managerial concepts with skills and goals within the field of digital media, including the evaluation and creation of organizational plans, pro forma financial statements, and complete business plans as would be demanded by key stakeholders.
- Apply integrated technical proficiency in areas of Digital Arts and Entrepreneurship/Management to contribute to the community and to create professional opportunities.
Ask A Question
Interdisciplinary Studies Program Chair
DART and ENTP REQUIREMENTS:
|INTD 250||Principles Interdisciplinary Studies||3|
|INTD 300||Service Learning||3|
|INTD 493||Senior Portfolio||3|
|DESG 132||Foundations of Visual Design||3|
|DRAW 121||Drawing Fundamentals||3|
|PHTG 250||Beginning Photography||3|
|ARTH 302||Modern Art History||3|
DIGITAL ART REQUIREMENTS
|DART 215, 220, 230||Choose 2 Introductory DART courses||6|
|DART 315, 320, 330 or DIGT 301||Choose 1 Intermediate DART course||3|
|DART 415, 420, 430, 450||Choose 1 Advanced DART course||3|
|DART 305||Web Design||3|
|ACCT 204||Financial Accounting||3|
|BLAW 360||Business Law||3|
|BLAW 410||Intellectual Property||3|
|ENTP 310||Opportunity Recognition||3|
|ENTP 400||Creating Entrepreneurial Ventures||3|
|GBUS 291||Business Communications||3|
|INTB 320||Global Business Environment||3|
|MGMT 260||Principals of Management||3|
|MKTG 201||Introduction to Marketing||3|