In the sierra high country that surrounds Lake Tahoe lies one of the most scenic and unique communities in the world.
The Lake Tahoe Basin is world-renowned for its unlimited outdoor recreational opportunities. Popular activities include sailing, rock-climbing, beach volleyball, racquetball, scuba diving, horseback riding, backpacking, ski mountaineering, ice climbing, snowmobiling, snowboarding, hang gliding, water skiing, rock hounding, mountain biking, canoeing, amateur archaeology, and wildlife observation. Lake Tahoe is rated the #1 recreation area in the country! (Rand-McNally)
In addition to a wide variety of outdoor activities, full-time SNC students also have access to the Incline Village Recreation Center, located just a short 5 minute walk from the Lake campus. The recreation center has a gym, extensive workout facilities, and an indoor swimming pool. Incline also has three fully equipped private beaches (one with a heated swimming pool), 24 tennis courts, two spectacular golf courses and its own ski hill, Diamond Peak.
There are abundant creative and volunteer opportunities in which to share your time and talents. Organizations such as the Truckee Actors Guild, Lake Tahoe Chautauqua, The Pet Network, the Tahoe Rim Trail, Lake Tahoe Shakespeare, Project MANA, and many other worthy causes are located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
SNC is located 35 miles NE from Reno, a thriving metropolis of over 200,000 inhabitants with shopping, dining, theatre, river kayaking, world class entertainment and an international airport. Heading 30 miles to the SE you will find the capital of the Silver State, Carson City, Nevada. Carson City offers an array of shopping, restaurants and cultural events ranging from Native American Pow-wows to the symphony… and much, much more.
Sacramento, the capital of California, is an easy two hour drive away and San Francisco, California, is only a four hour drive from Incline Village and SNC.
- ActivityTickets.com | Tickets for Tahoe Area activities
- GoTahoe.com | North Shore (Nevada side) activities and events
- MyTahoeVacation.com | North Shore (California side) activities and events
- Tahoe-Truckee Arts and Mountain Culture
- VirtualTahoe.com | South Shore activities and events
- TahoeVacationGuide.com | Activities and Lodging in the Tahoe Region
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hiking | Tahoe Rim Trail
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Whitewater Rafting
- League to Save Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Baikal Institute
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA)
- UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center
- U.S. Forest Service, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
- U.S. Geological Survey, Lake Tahoe Data Clearinghouse
- GoTahoe.com | Incline Village activities / entertainment
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival | July 8 through August 19, 2007
- Tahoe.com | Events in and around the Tahoe basin
- Incline Elementary School
- Lake Tahoe School
- Incline Middle School
- Incline High School
- Incline Schools Academic Excellence Foundation (ISAEF)
- Washoe County School District
- Diamond Peak Webcam | Images of current conditions around Lake Tahoe