Residence Life Security Officer
Reporting to the Dean of Students, this position is responsible for maintaining a safe living and learning environment for SNC’s residential students.
- Continuously patrols the dorm floors, perimeters and lobbies to ensure student safety and curb deviant behavior
- Calmly confronts students engaging in inappropriate activities, as outlined in the college’s student handbook, and reports via email to supervisors.
- Verifies proper identification and lets students into their rooms if they were to be locked out
- Serves as the main point person on campus in the event of an after hour emergency until other members from residence life arrive
- General knowledge of security enforcement
- Security background experience a plus
- Ability to interact with college students providing excellent customer service
- Fantastic communication skills both in conversing with students and sending written email incident reports to supervisors
- Ability to walk college dorms by foot and at times lock-up buildings and close windows as requested
- Work requires the ability to work in varying weather conditions, including walking in snow and ice in the winter months.
- Fingerprint and background check required as a condition of employment
- $12 hourly
- Hourly part-time position: 6 hours/day (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 10pm to 4am)
- Seasonal position: works Fall and Spring semesters and when students are on campus (40 weeks approximate)
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, a list of references and salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer